List:       darcs-users
Subject:    Re: [darcs-users] Re: Retrieving a specific "version" of a file
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2005-04-08 6:48:04

On Friday 08 April 2005 04:37, Mark Stosberg wrote:
> On 2005-04-07, Kannan Goundan <cakoose@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > On the subject of a per-file cache...isn't this inevitable?
>
> I think it's a reasonable addition, with proper care given to keeping
> the cache in-sync.

You'd probably be safer by lazily building the cache and figuring out when
the cache of a file was dirty.  This saves you a lot of trouble (and extra
processor time during normal operations) versus the idea of keeping that
cache in sync.

> I'm a fan of using SQL  databases to hold data. I was reading about
> Monotone yesterday and saw they went that route by using SQLite for
> their data store.
Which makes compression an issue; or does that one do compression of the
datafile already?
I'm also not quite sure that its worth the removal of visibility (== reuse).

--
Thomas Zander