List:       cyrus-sasl
Subject:    Getting message: Bad IPLOCALPORT value
From:       Rob Tanner <rtanner+cyrus () linfield ! edu>
Date:       2003-02-27 17:42:32

I'm trying to enable auth-smtp in Postfix, and so I built it with
-DUSE_SASL_AUTH.  SASL2 itself is installed on the server and preliminary
tests tell me the install is okay.  But all the Postfix utilities (except
master) fail on invokation with the error message: Bad IPLOCALPORT value.
I originally thought this was a Postfix problem, but it appears to be a
SASL problem.  A search of the SASL archives turned up 5 or 6 other
postings with the same problem, but there were no solutions.  One posting
suggested it was a re-entrant problem, a holdover from SASL1.

The SASL version is 2.1.10, postfix 2.0.4, and RH Linux 7.3.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rob

Rob Tanner