List:       cygwin-xfree
Subject:    XFree86 Wont work on windows 98
From:       "John Proctor" <jproctor0 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2002-09-03 11:28:50

Hi I cant get the X server (Xfree86) to connect to my Suse v8 Box,
I have installed XFree86 on 19 machines which use NT4, using the default
cygwin setup/install program and these all work great by typing the
following command:
$XWin -query server.ip.address
But when I performed the same installation on the one Windows 98 box and
tried the above command the X-window appeared but wouldn't connect to the
SuSE box as the others did.

The Windows 98 pc is on the same network (class C) and is listed in the
/etc/host file but try as a may I cant get it to connect.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated John Proctor.