List:       cygwin-xfree
Subject:    Re: Using KDE as default desktop under Windows
From:       David Fraser <davidf () sjsoft ! com>
Date:       2002-09-03 11:04:12

Hadn't tried that till you mentioned it ...
I tried starting actual .msi files with my win32start script (in my
install and uninstall programs that way without any problems without
explorer running. Also tried starting
C:\Winnt\system32\appwiz.cpl (Add/Remove programs box) and that started
fine, let me add and remove programs without any
problems. Couldn't start appwiz from a link to it though, and I only
tried adding and removing one program.
Not sure what problems you are having - running msiexec from commandline?
I'm running Windows 2000
David