List:       curl-library
Subject:    Re: anyone had "thread-safe" problems in 7.1?
From:       Daniel Stenberg <daniel () haxx ! se>
Date:       2000-09-01 11:29:27

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Christian Robottom Reis wrote:

> Haven't had any trouble.. if you have an example of something that breaks
> I have an assortment of libc/glibc boxes to run it on..

The guy that reported the problems simply made a fork() and then he inited
one curl session in each thread, made one *perform() each and while doing the
downloading he claimed the two threads got junk data from the other thread.

I did mail back with lots of questions and asked him to try all sorts of
stuff and report back how it went, although he went quiet and I haven't heard
anymore from him since.

Bug reports whose authors vanish while in the middle of sorting everything
out can't be treated with 100% seriousness. That's why I asked about it here.

If no one has experienced problems, I'll continue pretending I never heard
anyone having problems with this! ;-)

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77