List:       cups
Subject:    [cups.general] printing over http
From:       John Weise <jweise () sodolafa ! net>
Date:       2008-01-29 3:11:28

Hello. I cannot find documentation on how to print over http to a CUPS printer on \
localhost.

The "test page" works fine.
 http://localhost:631/printers/LabelWriter_400_Turbo_G5?op=print-test-page

What I want to do is similar, except I need to print a small file from within a web \
page to a localhost printer. I imagine I need to have an HTML FORM containing the \
file already encoded in some fashion. The problem is I don't know what the form \
variables need to be. Am I right that this should be possible? I would really \
appreciate some help with this.

Thanks in advance for the pointers.

John

p.s. maybe I should say that javascript does not solve my problem because I want to \
skip the print dialog and hit a known, specific printer. I realize the value of \
browser security and I don't want to circumvent it. I do want to be able to print \
very quickly to the client/localhost printer from within  the web interface to my \
database. e.g., every time I create a record I need to print a barcode on the \
cups mailing list
cups@easysw.com