List:       crux
Subject:    Re: libglut
From:       Nick Steeves <nick.steeves () shaw ! ca>
Date:       2005-12-25 9:46:52

On Monday 28 November 2005 7:52, Jay Dolan wrote:
> Also, I bet Nick Steeves' repository (sten) has a
> pretty spiffy freeglut port.  The original GLUT
> project has been stagnant since 1998.

I just want to make a note (for the archives), that freeglut is now in crux.nu
SVN/opt, and is the default GLUT implementation for CRUX, from here on out.
Anyone who wishes to avoid an orphaned libglut port is encouraged to
"pkgexport libglut && pkgrm libglut", and then switch to freeglut.  If any
migration issues are encountered, please report them to me--and because of
that "pkgexport libglut", one can fall back on that until such issues are
resolved. ;-)

Cheers,
Nick

P.S. no one has reported any issues with the switch, so far