List:       crux
Subject:    Re: wishlist
From:       Colin Tree <coltree () tpg ! com ! au>
Date:       2002-07-01 13:45:57

Hi Daniel,

My /dev/sound/* are all in the audio group
my group file includes audio, dialout and others.
I use the dev-state feature to save ownership and
permissions.

I feel no need to keep my system like anyone elses,
It's not a branch, so much as a personalisation.

I'm not going to send any more ports, unless someone
out there feels like un-local-ising them.
I suppose my system is a bit heavy-weight, but I've got
the bits and pieces where I feel comfortable.

On my cd now has a myconfig directory, with all my configuration
files all set up so a fresh install also installs
config#1.00-1.pkg.tar.gz, never had it so easy. And the cd
has a /opt directory for all the larger packages which install to,
you guessed it /opt.

Crux has given me the freedom to play around.

--

Cheers,