List:       crux
Subject:    Samba + iptables problem
From:       "Mikael Bak" <mbak () freemail ! hu>
Date:       2002-06-30 10:59:34

Hi,

I have installed Crux (i586 version) on a machine that has to do the
following tasks:
Samba (file/print shares)
DHCP server
ISDN router (FrizCard PCI)
Firewall (iptables)
DNS proxy

I have istalled everything and it works fine except for one small detail.
Sometimes when I use MS-network resources (like browsing the network
neighbourhood) from an inside Windows machine, the Crux machine dials out
and makes a connection to the Insternet.
This is bad, because the telephone fees in Hungary is still very high, and I
only want to make connection to the Internet when needed.

It seems like either my firewall script or my Samba configuration is bad.
I'd really appreciate some help.

My config files are here:
http://miba.fxnet.hu/crux/settings/

TIA,