List:       crux
Subject:    Re: Would like new functionality in ports.
From:       Per_Lidén <per () fukt ! bth ! se>
Date:       2002-06-24 19:32:59

On Sun, 23 Jun 2002, Magnus Boden wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Below is a patch to the ports command.
[...]
> This feels like a simple solution that could be included in the ports
> command, please comment on this Per.

I like this idea. In fact I proposed this (i.e. adding support for
downloading ports from more than one cvsup server) myself a couple of
months(?) ago but then nobody showed interest in this. Has this changed?
What do you contrib-maintainers think of this? Would people actually
bother to set up their own cvs/cvsup servers (except Magnus that is)?

If anyone has strong feelings about this (either because they think it
would be great or because they think it would suck) then please let
me know.

kind regards,
Per