List:       crux
Subject:    Re: odd modules...
From:       Jack Tonkin <lists () tonkin ! org ! uk>
Date:       2002-05-05 19:07:02

On Sun, 5 May 2002, Fredrik wrote:

> However, there is just one thing... If I use these lines in modules.conf
>
> alias scd0 srmod
> alias scsi_hostadapter ide-scsi
> options ide-cd ignore=hdd
>
> then BOTH my cds gets classified as IDE-SCSI-drives. I don't want that!
> On the other hand I figured that if modules.conf was left alone and I
> put "insmod ide-scsi" in rc.local everything works as supposed. Now,
> this is in my humble opinion a lame solution, so perhaps there's someone
> out there willing to help?

I'm actually wondering why you think this is lame?  I always look to put
as little as possible in /etc/modules.conf because it seems so arbitary.
I can't really offer any advice apart from to say that I tend to compile
things I use all the time into the kernel (are you ever really likely to
unload the ide-scsi module?)

Jack