List:       crux
Subject:    odd modules...
From:       Fredrik <frlc01 () student ! bth ! se>
Date:       2002-05-05 18:35:53

Hi there!

This is the scenario...

My IDE channels are configured as follows.

hda: ST340016A, ATA DISK drive
hdb: FUJITSU MPD3108AT, ATA DISK drive
hdc: ATAPI CD-ROM DRIVE 24X MAXIMUM, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
hdd: PLEXTOR CD-R PX-W2410A, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive

The basic idea is to get the cdr to work as advertised, and everything works just \
fine - almost. I read and followed the min-HOWTO on how to get an ATAPI-CDR working \
which it did. However, there is just one thing... If I use these lines in \
modules.conf

alias scd0 srmod
alias scsi_hostadapter ide-scsi
options ide-cd ignore=hdd

then BOTH my cds gets classified as IDE-SCSI-drives. I don't want that! On the other \
hand I figured that if modules.conf was left alone and I put "insmod ide-scsi" in \
rc.local everything works as supposed. Now, this is in my humble opinion a lame \
solution, so perhaps there's someone out there willing to help?

I'd also make me happy if someone could tell me why this happens...

cheers!
	Fredrik