List:       computerguys-l
Subject:    Replacement MB - B/W G3 - Where & what ?
From:       Daniel Stiefel <phonlab () U ! WASHINGTON ! EDU>
Date:       2001-12-28 1:33:58

As per my earlier postings, this machine keeps rebooting even when booted to
a CD system disk and also when I have swapped chips with another similar G3
so it seems it's probably the MB has gone bad.  I appreciate everyone's
advice with troubleshooting that ... now I have the next logical question:

Does anyone know where to look for a new or refurbished (guaranteed)
replacement MB ?  Is Apple the only vendor?

And while I'm at it would it be possible to upgrade to a G4 or a more
powerful G3 MB?

(I have the MB #'s but one thing I know for sure is it not a series one G3
... it was purchased in late '99 and has a rev 2 chip)