List:       computerguys-l
Subject:    Re: domain name values
From:       T Piwowar <tjpa () TJPA ! COM>
Date:       2001-06-22 17:58:39

>.tv is pretty shady.  .tv was the domain assigned to Tuvalu (sp.?)  Some
>company bought the domain for the COUNTRY and started selling it on the open
>market, attempting to create a run on domain names like the one that
>associated with .com.

I read that it is not quite so shady. Tuvalu does get a cut of the
receipts from their "service provider." I expect that Tuvalu gets a lot
more money as a result of marketing than it would if it remained a well
kept secret.

I know the PBS travel show Savvy Traveler uses smarttravels.tv to sell
tapes. All the com. net, and org versions belong to NPR and they won't
even mention that the guy does a TV show. It is nice to have alternatives.

* New email? From OLD address send: CHANGE COMPUTERGUYS-L YourNewAddress
* Need more help? Send mail to: ComputerGuys-L-Request@listserv.aol.com