List:       comedi
Subject:    Re: sending extra arguments
From:       Frank Mori Hess <fmhess () speakeasy ! net>
Date:       2006-06-16 4:22:40

On Thursday 15 June 2006 09:51 am, asgard wrote:
> hi all.
>
> i am writing comedi driver for isa card with analog and digital output.
> analog i/o in this case is realized for interaction with analog
> modules 73L-xxx (where x - some number or some letter). but, for
> example, for analog reading, i need to send to reading function
> 73L module offset(there are few offset values provided by different each
> module). so i need to send some extra arguments to
> comedi_data_read/comedi_data_write
> functions.  how can i do it without adding some special function in
> comedi?

It sounds like you should have separate subdevices.  I don't know any
details about your board, but from what you've been saying on the list I'm
guessing it supports some kind of daughterboards that can be of various
varieties?  If that is the case, your driver should either probe the
daughterboard types in the attach and create the appropriate type of
subdevices, or take parameters from comedi_config that specify what kinds
of daughterboards are being used.

--
Frank