List:       cobbler-devel
Subject:    Cobbler Ubuntu Support
From:       javiplx () gmail ! com (Javier Palacios)
Date:       2009-04-29 10:38:18

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 7:54 PM, Jeff Schroeder <jeffschroed at gmail.com> wrote:
> Soren,
>
> I happened to notice
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/server-karmic-cobbler
> and https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CobblerSpec targetted for Ubuntu 9.10.
> Have you worked on this any yet or do you plan on doing anything soon?

Maybe it would be worthy to have an update from
https://fedorahosted.org/cobbler/wiki/DebianDeployment.
Looking at the CobblerSpec page, at least the sections about design
and implementation are somewhat outdated. Is it now possible to manage
apt repositories (by mean of debmirror), and install media can be
imported (although only mini.iso images produce sensible results).
Although there is no ubuntu specific work yet, that could probably
improve the import of real media, the work for debian is basically
finished.

On the other side, I know there are efforts to build a debian package
for cobbler. I cannot give you a status detail, but I do believe that
it is al least partly functional.

Javier Palacios