List:       cobalt-users
Subject:    Re: Virtual Hosts
From:       Lyle Scheer <lyle () mail ! cobaltmicro ! com>
Date:       1998-09-28 17:51:56

On Mon, 28 Sep 1998, Jeremy Anthony Kinsey wrote:

> Does the Cobalt Raq now support virtual hosts on a single IP?

The initial RaQ release only has a UI for IP based virtual hosting... You
can, of course, configure name based virtual hosts the same way as on any
other Linux machine.  I'm told that this is even relatively simple.

My understanding as to why we went for IP based virtual hosting was that
some browsers don't support name based virtual hosting, and we chose the
more fully compatible solution because we had such a tight product
development schedule and didn't have time to implement & test both
methods.  The web based virtual hosts should just work when you edit the
apache.conf file by hand and enter virtual hosts... I won't make any
promises about ftp or mail accounts working under a name based virtual
host.  Your Mileage May Vary.

- Lyle