List:       cobalt-users
Subject:    Re: [cobalt-users] siteUserMod.cgi [WAS: Fwd: [chuck@OA.NET: Cobalt RaQ2
From:       Jeff Bilicki <jeffb () cobaltnet ! com>
Date:       2000-01-31 18:20:22

Tony wrote:

> I notified Jeff shortly after the original message hit the Bugtraq list last
> Friday night.
> He put some experimental fixes here:
>
> ftp://ftp.cobaltnet.com/pub/experimental/security/siteUserMod/
>
> Keyword is experimental.

If you have one of the older versions, it locks down the siteUserMod.cgi
a little too much, not allowing anyone to run siteUserMod.cgi.   There
have been a couple of different revs posted since Friday, it was a long
weekend.   You might need to get the patch file if you got a version
that wasn't 100% correct.

RaQ 1
ftp://ftp.cobaltnet.com/pub/experimental/security/siteUserMod/siteUserMod.2700R

RaQ 2
ftp://ftp.cobaltnet.com/pub/experimental/security/siteUserMod/siteUserMod.2800R

RaQ 3
ftp://ftp.cobaltnet.com/pub/experimental/security/siteUserMod/siteUserMod.3000R

[ snip ]
> > > Das ist wohl war.
> > >
> > > Will anyone summarize this and forward it to Cobalt, as I'm sure they
> > don't
> > > read this list carefully enough to get notice of this bug.

Cobalt does take all security issues seriously, whether they are posted
to cobalt-users, cobalt-developers, BugTraQ, sent to
security@cobalt.com, etc.

Jeff-