List:       classiccmp
Subject:    FT: Data General Novas and Desktop Generation (revised from 3/22/12 post)
From:       "js () cimmeri ! com" <js () cimmeri ! com>
Date:       2012-03-30 19:07:59

{revision of first CCTalk post on 3/22/12}

Thanks to those who have been inquiring on these items,
I can now render a more helpful post.

Location: Washington, D.C., or near Frederick, Maryland.

For trade (preferred) or best offers:

- 1974 DG Nova 2 rackmount (untested, unrestored) top cover missing
   .Front panel (cosmetics very good condition)
   .Nova 2 CPU
   .Standard Memories 16k core
   .Basic I/O
   -- all electronics working condition unknown, but appear
      undamaged in very good condition.

- 1971 DG Nova 1200 rackmount (untested, unrestored) w/ all covers.
   .Front panel (cosmetics -- fair condition)
   .Nova 1200 CPU
   .DG 4k core
   .Basic I/O
   -- all electronics working condition unknown, but appear
      undamaged in very good condition.

- 1984 DG Desktop Generation R20 (untested, unrestored) w/ D461 terminal
   .dual power supply unit
   .R20 SPU unit with SPU, 256k ram, USAM, and asynch modules --
         (note: no terminal cables or adapters.)
   .single drive diskette unit
   .hard drive unit
   .tape drive unit
   .manuals (setting up, testing, users in 2 encased binders) and
     3 diskettes.
   -- all electronics working condition unknown, but appear undamaged
      in excellent condition.
   -- cosmetics, very good to excellent.

PM me with trades, offers, questions, corrections.

Looking for (in order of priority):

- PDP 11/04 or 11/34 half-height (only) chassis, complete with PSU,
   covers, backplane, cables.  No CPU or other logic boards needed.

- HP 35721A monochrome monitor

- Emulex TC12 tape controller or similar: Unibus->Pertec interface
  which emulates a "TS" device

- ribbon cables for above -- controller -> Pertec-formatter tape drive.

- Unibus ESDI controller

- Pro/Venix docs (I'm using version 1.0 on a DEC Pro 350).

- MFM drives:
  . CDC Wren II 9415-*
  . CMI CM-5412
  . IMI 5012H
  . Maxstor XT-2085
  . Micropolis 1324A
  . Priam V170 or V185

Thank you,
  John Singleton

p.s. to check my reputation, see my ebay handle "MdntTrain".