List:       classiccmp
Subject:    Re: DEC VT05 with OS/8  -- System handler?
From:       Johnny Billquist <bqt () softjar ! se>
Date:       2009-04-30 22:19:17

Philipp Hachtmann <hachti@hachti.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just try to get a VT05 working with my PDP-8/e.
> Having a tuned KL8E interface at 2400 baud.
>
> I need fill characters....
> Found a KL8E.PA in the OS/8 V3D sources. It is a two page handler and works.
> But how do I get my system to use it as terminal handler? Or is there another one?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Philipp  :-)

You need to use BUILD to make a new system image, with your device
driver included. However, you also need to understand many programs do
I/O to the console without going through that device driver, but talks
directly with the console.
So it might be that there is no easy solution to your problem.

	Johnny

email: bqt@softjar.se             ||  Reading murder books