List:       classiccmp
Subject:    RE: Mystery Core
From:       "Chuck Guzis" <cclist () sydex ! com>
Date:       2009-04-30 22:09:04

On 30 Apr 2009 at 12:11, Rick Bensene wrote:

> I can't identify the application, but these probably aren't read/write
> magnetic core memory. Based on the way they are wired, they look more
> like ROS (Read Only Storage, IBM's TLA for ROM). Each board looks to
> be a 10 word by 10-bit ROM. Can't say this definitively, but it's a
> semi-educated guess.

These look too large to be ROS.  I'm with the other poster who
guessed that this might be a driver assembly--the multiple turns on
each core would seem to indicate that transformer action that
desired, not memory.  If it wasn't IBM, I'dve guessed some sort of
core logic or  parametron application, but AFAIK, IBM didn't use
those.

--Chuck