List:       cistron-radius
Subject:    Re: PAM issue, any doc for /etc/pam.d/radiusd?
From:       miquels () cistron-office ! nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg)
Date:       2001-07-23 12:05:53

In article <E15NanV-0008E9-00@giles.striker.ottawa.on.ca>,
 <aland@striker.ottawa.on.ca> wrote:
>miquels@cistron-office.nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg) wrote:
>> Try copying it to /etc/pam.d/radius  (without the d at the end)
>>
>> Yes, it should really be `radiusd', but I think it's too late now to
>> change that - it would break existing installations. Thoughts anyone?
>
>  Make it configurable.  Isn't that what the PAM-Auth attribute was
>for?

Yup, that's what it's for.

>  Change the default behaviour, and update the 'make install' rules to
>look for /etc/pam.d/radius, and print out warning messages.

Might be a good idea. On the other hand, we might leave it as-is,
I've just looked at what other programs do and it appears that they
often use the name of the service instead of the daemon - such as
'imap' and 'ssh' (and not imapd, sshd).

So even though I already put the changes into the Make.inc file I think
I'll revert them. FreeRadius also uses /etc/raddb/radius and not
radiusd.

Also a search on google for /etc/raddb/radius returns numerous hits
for Cistron Radius and not much else so a) it's the standard by now
and b) no major other app. appears to use it.

Mike.
--
"dselect has a user interface which scares small children"
	-- Theodore Tso, on debian-devel

-