List:       cistron-radius
Subject:    Re: Memory Leak?
From:       "Ron Hensley" <ronh () intercom ! net>
Date:       1999-11-21 17:08:04

I'm running on Solaris 2.6 (older 2.5.4 version) and only 2 copies are ever
running, 1.4 megs RES, and 2.5 megs SIZE
for a total of 3.9 Megs each. Ive never seen them grow. I have about 35 NASs
with 1300+ modems and about 10k dialup users so it sees heavy use.

I do not use caching however and the passwords are read from the /etc/passwd
and /etc/shadow files (Well actually I hacked mine to read
/etc/radius.passwd and /etc/radius.shadow but same effect)

Something is leaking memory or your caching a monstrously huge user list it
would sound like.
Provide more detail about your users file setup, the version you are
running, and try running with the -x -x options to get
some more verbose debug info on what errors you are getting that could be
contributing to it ballooning.

Ron Hensley  (ronh@intercom.net)
Network Administrator - ICNet Internet Services