List:       cisco-voip
Subject:    Re: [cisco-voip] Digital networking delay
From:       Pat Hayes <pat-cv () wcyv ! com>
Date:       2009-03-31 21:47:10

How many digits is the pilot for the other server, and how many digits
are your extensions? The handoff is basically just a consult transfer,
where during the initial call the server that is handing the call off
dials a certain sequence of digits followed by the calling extension,
then it completes the transfer. So, the longer the DNs are, the more
digits there are to dial and the longer the process will take.
Disclaimer: This is how Unity does it, I haven't set it up with UC
yet, but I'm 95% sure it works the same way.

20 seconds is a bit long, but I've definitely seen 10-15 seconds when
using full 10 digit extensions for everything.