List:       cherokee
Subject:    Re: [Cherokee] Cherokee 0.99.31 released
From:       pub crawler <pubcrawler.com () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-12-09 11:16:06

> Do you guys think that a "soft" error/warning would be better in this case?

A soft error / warning should be the default behavior as often as possible.

We should do everything to make sure that Cherokee runs when a user wants it to.

Too many open source software packages are nightmares with
configuration issues at runtime.  I've had my share of problems with
MySQL, Vanish, etc. not wanting to startup because of non-issues in my
opinion. Preventing Cherokee from running like this creates downtime,
causes distress by the user and questions the durability of Cherokee
to overcome small things and keep running.

In this instance, graphing is a lowly non-critical feature of
Cherokee. If the graphs are broken, then someone can figure that out
when they go to see their graphs and therein shall be whatever notice
of configuration problem and ideally how to resolve it.

-Paul