List:       cfe-dev
Subject:    Re: [cfe-dev] Clang-based indexer and code navigator
From:       Olivier Goffart <ogoffart () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-03-19 11:43:27

On Tuesday 12 March 2013 11:00:31 David R=F6thlisberger wrote:
[...]
> As you know, the clang C++ API is unstable. What is your plan for
> maintaining sourceweb? Have you evaluated the stable C api ("libclang")?
> Is there anything missing from libclang that prevented you from using
> it? If the missing areas aren't huge, perhaps effort would be better
> spent improving the libclang API than keeping an out-of-tree tool in
> sync with the C++ API.

Personally, I used the C++ API rather than libclang because I wanted to =

develop in C++ and not in C.
I think C is an inferior language compared to C++,   and I did not want to =

write my C++ wrapper around the C API while there is already a very good C+=
+ =

API.

Also the C++ API is stable enough, I have started working with clang 3.1, a=
nd =

now using clang from trunk, there was only a couple of incompatible change.

-- =

Olivier