List:       ceph-users
Subject:    [ceph-users] Re: High ceph_osd_commit_latency_ms on Toshiba MG07ACA14TE HDDs
From:       BenoƮt_Knecht <bknecht () protonmail ! ch>
Date:       2021-11-08 15:31:47

Hi Dan,

On Thursday, November 4th, 2021 at 11:33, Dan van der Ster <dan@vanderster.com> \
wrote:
> - Are we running the same firmware as you? (We have 0104). I wonder if
> Toshiba has changed the implementation of the cache in the meantime...

I just checked, and all our Toshiba MG07ACA14TE drives run firmware version 0101; and \
as far as I know, Toshiba doesn't provide firmware images for its drives, so I don't \
think it's possible to upgrade/downgrade the firmware on those drives.

> - Is anyone aware of some HBA or other setting in the middle that
> might be masking this setting from reaching the drive?

In our case it's an LSI SAS3008 card, and we disable the write cache with `smartctl \
--set=wcache,off /dev/sdX`.

Cheers,

--
Ben