List:       calligra-devel
Subject:    Re: support for other Apple iWorks documents (Pages, ...)?
From:       René_J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-02-01 20:19:46

On Friday February 01 2019 12:01:08 Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:

Hi

> I doubt it due to scope of the challenge. It's not matter of just plugging
> the lib into Calligra filters.

Looking at how lean the Keynote import plugin seems to be I was hoping it would. But \
I also just discovered that plugin doesn't work with my .key files - after I managed \
to force-build Stage which was uneventful once I had figured out which file to hack \
(is there an official way to say "ignore there's no current maintainer, just build \
it"?)

> + NIH. Sending ODF files to users of MSO is no longer a blocker, why it
> would be different with Apple users?

Not sure what you mean here; I'm looking for import of my .pages documents.
I don't remember if and how well my version(*) of Pages exports to ODF format, but \
it's export to .doc is ... perfectable.

*) From iWorks 09. Old, but one of the best releases before they started stripping \
more advanced features that may or may not have been restored in later versions which \
won't run on my OS version.

I'll see if and how LO deals with those .pages files (pardon, directories :) ) of \
mine.

R.