List:       calligra-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: cleanup tools/, split into developer tools and user extras
From:       "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <kossebau () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-02-18 20:56:19

Am Sonntag, 17. Februar 2013, 19:01:31 schrieb C. Boemann:
> On Sunday 17 February 2013 18:54:00 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > tools/ is turning into a dumping ground for all kind of stuff that does
> > not
> > fit into the other dirs.
> >
> > At least packagers are left with guessing as e.g. the tools/README is
> > outdated, so at least the OpenSUSE packaging spec I recently saw just
> > dumps
> > everything into one package calligratools. Surely not perfect.
> >
> > User-oriented:
> > calligra
> > okularodpgenerator
> > properties
> > quickprint
> > converter
> > thumbnail
> >
> > Developer-oriented:
> > cstester
> > fixsrc
> > iconcheck
> > scripts
> > slidecompare
> >
> > Any proposals how to reflect this splitup in the directory hierarchy?
> >
> > My idea woud be to move all user-oriented stuff into a new toplevel dir
> > named "extras/", as "tools" seems rather standard to contain developer
> > utilities, while "extra" somehow sounds like more-useful stuff, so
> > packagers should better get it, next to updated READMEs.
> >
> > Now your better ideas :)
>
> I like, only maybe call it extras and devtools

"devtools" might emphasize the purpose even more, fine with me.

So ETA of splitting of "tools/" into "extras/" and "devtools/" upcoming WE,
thus anybody please veto until then. Will not put up a RR, as it is "just"
moving files around and splitting a CMakeLists.txt in the middle (more or less
;) ).

Cheers
Friedrich