List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: SSH Weak Key Exchange Algorithms Enabled on UniFi Wireless Access Points
From:       Alexander Dahl <ada () thorsis ! com>
Date:       2022-10-28 5:49:50

Hei hei,

Am Thu, Oct 27, 2022 at 09:17:40PM +0800 schrieb Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming:
> On Thu, 27 Oct 2022 at 21:14, Markus Gothe <nietzsche@lysator.liu.se> wrote:
>
> > Hi, you are unfortunately reaching out to the wrong people. BusyBox does
> > NOT provide a ssh server.
> >
> > Please contact the manufacturer of the product.
> >
> > //Markus
> >
> > Sent via BlackBerry Hub+ Inbox for Android
> > <http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blackberry.hub>
> >

> Noted with thanks. I will contact Ubiquiti.

You can certainly do that, but it is usually not that hard to find out
which ssh software the remote server is running.  You could try

    ssh -v root@host

and would get something like this:

    debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_8.4p1 Debian-5+deb11u1
    debug1: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version dropbear
    debug1: no match: dropbear

Or this:

    debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_7.9p1 Debian-10+deb10u2
    debug1: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version OpenSSH_8.4p1 Debian-5+deb11u1
    debug1: match: OpenSSH_8.4p1 Debian-5+deb11u1 pat OpenSSH* compat 0x04000000

Another possibility would be to use nmap with the option -sV and you
would get something like this:

    PORT   STATE SERVICE VERSION
    22/tcp open  ssh     Dropbear sshd (protocol 2.0)
    MAC Address: 74:AC:B9:66:04:74 (Ubiquiti Networks)
    Service Info: OS: Linux; CPE: cpe:/o:linux:linux_kernel

Or this:

    PORT   STATE SERVICE VERSION
    22/tcp open  ssh     OpenSSH 8.4p1 Debian 5+deb11u1 (protocol 2.0)
    MAC Address: 00:0C:29:4E:BE:9E (VMware)
    Service Info: OS: Linux; CPE: cpe:/o:linux:linux_kernel

Note: one of the devices I tried here is a Unifi AP AC-Lite. ;-)

Greets
Alex