List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: BusyBox v1.20.2 udhcpc hostname question
From:       Denys Vlasenko <vda.linux () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2015-03-22 16:15:16

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 2:38 PM, Highland, Glenn
<Glenn.Highland@etherios.com> wrote:
> Specifically, we're acquiring the host name from /etc/hostname and passing
> it to udhcpc with the –H option.

You should be seeing this warning then:

        if (opt & (OPT_h|OPT_H)) {
                //msg added 2011-11
                bb_error_msg("option -h NAME is deprecated, use -x
hostname:NAME");
                client_config.hostname =
alloc_dhcp_option(DHCP_HOST_NAME, str_h, 0);

But it still should work, even in latest git.

> However, when I capture the DHCP traffic using Wireshark, I can't see the
> host name being included.
>
> I can see DHCP option 12 being specified in the Parameter Request List (bit
> 12), but the host name isn't
>
> showing-up.

Please post your exact udhcpc command line, and network capture.