List:       busybox
Subject:    building busybox dynamically against bionic
From:       rouble <r.ouble () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-04-21 3:41:00

busyboxers,

In the previous email thread I started, a bunch of you correctly
indicated that my busybox was built using GNU libc - this is why the
dns functions were not working. I am now trying to build busybox
dynamically against bionic.

I came across this link, detailing how a binary is dynamically linked
against bionic:
http://honeypod.blogspot.com/2007/12/dynamically-linked-hello-world-for.html

I was wondering if someone more familiar with the makefile can help me
modify it to support bionic. For starters, what function should I pass
in as the entry point?

$(CROSS_COMPILE)-ld \
    --entry=_start \
    --dynamic-linker /system/bin/linker -nostdlib \
    -rpath /system/lib -rpath /path/to/lib/folder/on/development/machine \
    -L /path/to/lib/folder/on/development/machine -lc

Also, if someone out there has got this working - I would appreciate
if you could share the diffs to the makefile... it would save me a lot
of time.

tia,
rouble