List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: Busybox portability issues and musl compatibility
From:       Rich Felker <dalias () aerifal ! cx>
Date:       2011-04-21 2:34:11

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 11:19:10PM +0200, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> > Finally, one thing that's not in the patch, but should be: Busybox's
> > "make config" and "make menuconfig" require a some POSIX interfaces to
> > be provided by the standard C headers, so on musl, HOSTCFLAGS
> > containing -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=... or -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=... or
> > -D_GNU_SOURCE is needed to avoid compile-time errors that prevent
> > configuration. Adding -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=200112L (or whatever version
> > you like) to the default host cflags would be more correct and would
> > avoid this issue.
>
> Let's add those defines to the .c files which need them.
> Can you let me know which ones need them?

I thought this was finished, but zconf.tab.c is still including .c
files which use strdup without declaration. I can't put the feature
test macro in those files alone, because string.h has already been
included earlier while processing zconf.tab.c. This file is generated,
so I'm not sure how to go about patching it right...

Rich