List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: making busybox self check
From:       "Rogelio Serrano" <rogelio.serrano () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-09-29 0:22:39

On 9/28/06, walter harms <wharms@bfs.de> wrote:
> there nothing wrong with an integrity check while the system is booting up.
> The problem starts when freeze the BB version. IMHO it make no sense. you can not
> do any bugfixes what is totally stupid.
>
> re,
>  wh

thats exactly the idea freeze everything. no changes whatsoever for
whatever reason. this is going into a voting machine.the powers that
be dont want variations.

anyway it turns out userspace does not need to do any checking. just
encrypt busybox and the kernel. the bios decrypts the kernel then the
kernel decrypts userspace. wrong key no system.

How does tivo does it?

--
the thing i like with my linux pc is that i can sum up my complaints in 5 items