List:       busybox
Subject:    Init and other user processes do not write anything to the terminal
From:       "Pranav Choudhary" <pranav.choudhary () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-09-26 6:10:22

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi,
I am using busybox 1.1.3 with linux kernel 2.6.13 on arm board(ixdp425
like). The kernel has booted up. My /etc/inittab has an entry
::sysinit:/etc/init.d/rcS. The rcs script is run, i insmod a few modules in
the script. The printk messages from these modules can be seen on the
console. But i do not see any echo messages that i have put in the rcS
script. I even don't get messages like "init started" or "serial console
detected". As soon as i start a user process from the rcS script, the system
(kind of) hangs coz nothing appears on the console. I even configured the
kernel with CMDLINE "init=/bin/ash", but even then there is nothing on the
console. Furthur, in the rcS script, i put the following messages:
echo "testing 1-2-3" > /dev/console
echo "testing 1-2-3" > /dev/ttyS0
echo "testing 1-2-3" > /dev/ttyS1

but still nothing appears on the console. I suppose there is not problem
with the serial driver coz the messages from kernel modules do appear on the
console. Please help me debug the issue.

Thanks,
Pranav