List:       busybox
Subject:    [BusyBox] uudecode external linkage
From:       Bernhard Fischer <rep.nop () aon ! at>
Date:       2005-03-26 21:57:18

Hi,

I'm confused on how #APPLET# _main are defined..

The majority of applets #include "busybox.h" which defines (via
applets.h)
extern int #APPLET# _main (int, char **){}

uudecode, OTOH, currently includes "libbb.h" which does _not_ define the
external linkage (as opposed to "busybox.h").

All other applets (resp. the majority, seems to #include "busybox.h",
thusly applets.h) seem to choose to define the external linkage to
#APPLET# _main twice (why so, btw?).

Which one is the current, preferred method?

PS: sorry to fatigue, I would have sent this to -user instead, and no,
i didn't find it in the FAQ.

kind regards,
Bernhard