List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: [BusyBox] got a question
From:       David Meggy <dmeggy () techsol ! ca>
Date:       2004-01-30 18:08:20

Hi Mark

On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 18:56, Mark and Janice Juszczec wrote:
> I'm having a problem with BusyBox v0.60.1 on the Helio pda using a r3912
> chip.

You probably want to upgrade Busybox.  That is a fairly old version, and
I'm sure many things have been fixed since.

> It sounds like a mips-2 ( or 3 or 4 etc) instruction is creeping in to my
> mips-1 executable but with the

I don't know much about mips, but you can verify if the mips-2
instruction is being created or not by running
mips-linux-objdump -d busybox | less
Then search for the suspect instruction.

You can also run
mips-linux-readelf -h busybox
to see what elf header says about what kind of binary it is.

David

--
     David Meggy

Technical Solutions Inc.