List:       bochs-dev
Subject:    [Bochs-developers] Keyboard interception question
From:       Russell Miller <rmiller () duskglow ! com>
Date:       2005-06-21 17:16:26

Hi, I have a rather unique problem that I think bochs can solve, and I was
hoping that you could point me in the right direction.

I have a matrix programmable keyboard that has a DOS driver but no published
protocols.  I can run the DOS driver through FreeDOS in bochs, but for some
reason it can't communicate directly with the keyboard as it needs to to
download the programming and upload it again when done.

I would like to have a program running under linux that emulates a keyboard,
and essentially acts as a proxy to interface directly with the keyboard -
logging the communication that happens at the same time.  Is there any way to
redirect the keyboard accesses to a linux userspace program?  I'm thinking
maybe a named pipe may be a way, but I don't know how to configure bochs to
write to that instead of the keyboard device.  Is there a way?

Thanks.

--Russell