List:       blackicedefender-general
Subject:    RE: [bidgeneral] Re:  BID not working (Suggestions, Juancho?)
From:       "Juancho Forlanda" juancho
Date:       2000-04-27 1:51:12

Thanks to all that's been trying to help our fellow BID user.

So here's the jist of the problem and the knowns with regards to this problem:
- Shield's up reports that NetBIOS is working
- BID shows no event
- Blackd running
- BlackICE running.

Here's what needs to happen to ensure that GRC is indeed scanning your computer:
1.  Compare the IP address reported by Shields Up to your actual IP address.
Are they the same?  If not, that explains why you are not receiving any attacks
from GRC.

2.  Try downloading the GRC IP agent, then install it.  I wasn't sure from the
postings that you actually did this; so I'm double checking.  Then do the
Shields Up test again.

Here are additional questions to help us understand your situation:
1.  Did you run the GRC port scan?
2.  If so, what ports did Shields up find, and what were their state (open,
close, or stealth)?
3.  What are your network interfaces (Ethernet, dial up through modem, etc.)?
4.  Post your blackice.ini and firewall.ini (so we can check the settings);
DON'T POST blackd.log as it has your personal BlackICE license key.

You may have already received a response from Tech. Support by now, but for the
benefit of all, post your responses here.  Thanks.

Regards,
Network ICE Tech. Support