List:       bitkeeper-users
Subject:    [Bitkeeper-users] bk over 56k dialup
From:       Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski () gmx ! de>
Date:       2004-11-10 7:48:48

Hello everybody

Trying to use bk over a 56k modem link. I've done a clone elsewhere, doing
pulls from time to time seems not that bad. But it still seems that bk
needs the internet in non-obvious ways on some other functions too. E.g.,
when commiting Is it at all possible / feasible to run bk with a dialup
connection, if yes - how? When exactly does it need the internet? Maybe a
special mode "expensive Internet" could be added to bk to explicitly
notify the user "now I have to be online" and to minimize these times by
collecting work from several operations?...

Thanks
Guennadi
---
Guennadi Liakhovetski