List:       bitkeeper-users
Subject:    [Bitkeeper-users] Visual SourceSafe to BitKeeper converter ?
From:       "Andrew W. Chang" <awc () bitmover ! com>
Date:       2002-04-03 22:51:36

Does anyone want to try out the new vss2bk converter?
You may download it from the "test" directory in the
download area:

http://www.bitmover.com/download/test/x86-win32.EXE

(This binary is basically bk-2.1.6-pre6 + the new "bk vss2bk" command)

Typical usage is

bk vss2bk -u'user,password' vss_proj_path bk_root

For example:
bk setup c:/tmp/new_repo
bk vss2bk -u'awc,my_vss_password' '$/' c:/tmp/new_repo

Note 1: it only works on the main trunk, it does not know about vss
branches yet.  I am looking for a VSS tree with interesting branches to
figure out how to convert it.

Note 2: This new command is a beta quality, not intended for production
use yet.

Please report problems and/or feature requests to awc@bitmover.com

Andrew Chang
BitKeeper Development