List:       bioconductor
Subject:    [BioC] Biological and Technical replicates
From:       Marcos Pinho <pinho.microarray () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-11-26 13:22:11

Dear List,

I have a question regarding the use of biological versus technical
replicates in a microarray experiment:

I have two groups of samples, before treatment and after treatment.

For some samples I have biological replicates for before and after treatment
(bucal swabs collected with a small brush)

For some patients one of my biological replicates usually after treatment
exibited a high degree of RNA degradation, but one sample remains OK.

Therefore I was wondering if I could mix biological replicates for some
patients (before and after) and for others biological replicates for before
treatment and technical replicates for after treatment.

If anybody would care to comment it would be quite welcome.

Regards,

--
Marcos B. Pinho
Programa de Engenharia Química - PEQ