List:       bioconductor
Subject:    Re: [BioC] Duplicate row.names error
From:       Jean Yee Hwa Yang <jeany () maths ! usyd ! edu ! au>
Date:       2006-06-26 21:05:31

Hi Andre,

Currently read.Galfile uses "ID" as the unique rownames.  We assume that
ID contains information such as probe ID whereas the column "Names" can
contain duplicate gene names.  However, I don't think that should stop you
from reading in the gpr file.  If you have those two columns swap in your
gal file you might want to try:

Try
read.Galfile("XXXX", info.id = c("Name", "ID"), labels = "Name")
where XXX is the name of any of your gpr file or your gal file.

In addition,
Can you send me off-list the output for pigTargets.

Cheers

Jean