List:       binarycloud-dev
Subject:    Re: [binarycloud-dev] Lang Questions
From:       Jean-Christophe Michel <jc.michel () symetrie ! com>
Date:       2004-12-16 7:55:03

Jures Yahya wrote:
> I would like to do some multiple langs apps. What's the best way to
> store the strings file? Should I store it in apps/lang or
> apps/[modulename]/lang?
> I tried doing the latter, but phing doesn't seem to replace the
> strings on the top node ndf (after conversion to .php). It does
> replace the ndf of the node that contains the actual #strings# though.
>
> So, what's the best practice for i8n project in binarycloud?

I'm using current system for multilingual sites.
I have Strings.lang.xml files in lang/ dirs in each app.
If you are sure your build.xml is right, what you describe is an error.
In my case the top node only holds a tpl and most langs occur in other
apps, so I may not have seen this replacing pb in top node.

Have a look on vortex/langmenu that adds a lang selector to your pages,
and vortex/hierarchicalmenu which uses langmenu to edit a menu.
--
Jean-Christophe Michel