List:       batik-users
Subject:    Re: Line element does not render with gradient stroke
From:       Helder_Magalhães <helder.magalhaes () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-04-10 1:48:05

Hi Teck Hua Lee,

Thanks for investigating and reporting this. :-)

> When using the PNGTranscoder (1.7 and trunk), I noticed that lines with
> gradient strokes will not render.
[...]
> Is this a known issue or should I file a bug?

Apparently it is correct as-is: a good explanation is available in a
similar test [1] for the SVG 1.1 Second Edition (both test suite and
specification are currently draft). You'll notice Batik matches the
reference rendering (I've checked with Squiggle trunk using the direct
SVG link [2]). Note that Opera 10.51 also matches the expected
rendering, while Firefox 3.7a and Chrome 5.0dev only partially pass
the test. ;-)

Cheers,
 Helder

[1] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/harness/htmlObject/pservers-grad-17-b.html