List:       batik-users
Subject:    Wrapping a string or image in an <a href>
From:       etem <cavenier17 () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2008-08-31 3:10:36

Hello!

I'm using the Batik SVG Generator to render some custom components to a .svg
file. This is excellent and wonderful. However, I would like to put some < a
href > links in the SVG file, and I absolutely cannot figure out how. Can
anyone lend a hand?

Here's what I'm using up top :

DOMImplementation domImpl = GenericDOMImplementation.getDOMImplementation();
Document document = domImpl.createDocument(svgNS, "svg", null);
SVGGeneratorContext ctx = SVGGeneratorContext.createDefault(document);
GenericImageHandler ihandler = new CachedImageHandlerBase64Encoder();
ctx.setGenericImageHandler(ihandler);
SVGGraphics2D svgGenerator = new SVGGraphics2D(ctx, false);

v.paint(svgGenerator);

boolean useCSS = true;
Writer out = new OutputStreamWriter(new FileOutputStream("E:/grrarg.svg"),
"UTF-8");
svgGenerator.stream(out, useCSS);

... which is patched together from the examples on the Batik homepage.

Here's my paint()...

public void paintComponent(Graphics g)
{
Graphics2D g2d = (Graphics2D)g;
SVGGraphics2D svg2d = null;
if (g instanceof SVGGraphics2D)	svg2d = (SVGGraphics2D)g;

g2d.setBackground(Color.RED);
g2d.clearRect(0,0, getWidth(), getHeight());

g2d.drawString(blah, x, y);
}

I'd like to wrap the (for a start, at least), the drawString in an < a href
> , and specify where that link goes.

I've searched batik-users, and I've tried all manner of incantations -
usually variants of createElementNS, and getRoot - but either the resulting
.svg is unchanged, or it's truncated to the header.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, or to some good examples?

Thanks,