List:       axp-redhat
Subject:    Re: Miata woes
From:       Andreas Ulrich Trottmann <atrottma () g26 ! ethz ! ch>
Date:       1997-04-30 23:21:46

On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Tom Quinn wrote:

>> I did set COPYBREAK to 1 (which I think *should* be less than the minimum
>> packet size)
>
> Donald must have made a typo. You want to set COPYBREAK to the MAXIMUM
> packet size.

Hey! Why didn't you say this earlier? :-)

This seemed to do the trick, thank you! I set it to 16384 now (it's
compared against a signed short, so I think this should be OK... don't
have the slightest idea about the size of ethernet packets) and I didn't
have a single unaligned trap for two hours now.

cu,
Andi