List:       axis-c-dev
Subject:    Re: configure.ac
From:       Kenneth Chiu <chiuk () cs ! indiana ! edu>
Date:       2004-06-11 11:09:06

The usual practice for something like this is that you write
new macros and put them in a common place, then use some way
to include them.  (There are a number of ways.)

Do 'info aclocal' and look at the sections on macros.

Normally, you don't ship the configure.ac's anyway, so a
little bit of complexity during the autoconf process doesn't
affect the end-user.

Just in case you don't know about already, there is an
on-line autotools book:

    http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/autobook/autobook_toc.html