List:       asterisk-dev
Subject:    Re: [asterisk-dev] V11 SVN branch: Problems with console ?
From:       Matthew Jordan <mjordan () digium ! com>
Date:       2013-09-06 12:51:10

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 12:05 AM, Pavel Troller <patrol@sinus.cz> wrote:

> [...]
> Executing last minute cleanups
> patrol@hyper:~$ rasterisk -x "core show version"
> Asterisk SVN-branch-11-r398457M built by root @ hyper on a x86_64 running
> Linux on 2013-09-06 04:28:32 UTC
> patrol@hyper:~$ rasterisk
> Asterisk SVN-branch-11-r398457M, Copyright (C) 1999 - 2013 Digium, Inc.
> and others.
> Created by Mark Spencer <markster@digium.com>
> Asterisk comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type 'core show warranty' for
> details.
> This is free software, with components licensed under the GNU General
> Public
> License version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome to redistribute it
> under
> certain conditions. Type 'core show license' for details.
> Connected to Asterisk SVN-branch-11-r398457M currently running on hyper
> (pid = 28254)
> patrol@hyper * CLI > core show version
> Asterisk SVN-branch-11-r398457M built by root @ hyper on a x86_64 running
> Linux on 2013-09-06 04:28:32 UTC
> patrol@hyper * CLI > core show version
> Asterisk SVN-branch-11-r398457M built by root @ hyper on a x86_64 running
> Linux on 2013-09-06 04:28:32 UTC
> patrol@hyper * CLI > core show version
> Asterisk SVN-branch-11-r398457M built by root @ hyper on a x86_64 running
> Linux on 2013-09-06 04:28:32 UTC
> patrol@hyper * CLI > core show version
> Asterisk SVN-branch-11-r398457M built by root @ hyper on a x86_64 running
> Linux on 2013-09-06 04:28:32 UTC
> patrol@hyper * CLI > core show version
> Asterisk SVN-branch-11-r398457M built by root @ hyper on a x86_64 running
> Linux on 2013-09-06 04:28:32 UTC
> ... about a minute later ...
> patrol@hyper * CLI > core show version
> patrol@hyper * CLI > core show version
> patrol@hyper * CLI > core show version
> patrol@hyper * CLI > core show version
>

>   It looks that using Tab for help provokes the problem immediately:
>
> patrol@hyper * CLI > core show version
> Asterisk SVN-branch-11-r398457M built by root @ hyper on a x86_64 running
> Linux on 2013-09-06 04:28:32 UTC
> patrol@hyper * CLI > core show
> application     applications    calls           channel         channels
>      channeltype     channeltypes    codec           codecs          config
>          file            function        functions       hanguphandlers
>  help
> hint            hints           image           license         profile
>       settings        switches        sysinfo         taskprocessors
>  threads         translation     uptime          version         warranty
> patrol@hyper * CLI > core show version
> patrol@hyper * CLI >
>
>   Doing 'svn up -r396746 asterisk.c' fixes the problem, so it's definitely
> in one of the two patches submitted after this revision.
>
>   I'm not creating an issue in JIRA, because it didn't appear in any
> release
> yet and it may be a kind of WIP, so I'm just reporting it here...

Thanks Pavel!

We are aware of it and a proposed fix is currently up on Review Board - see
https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/2825/. If you'd like to download the
patch and give it a try to see if it fixes all of the problems you've run
into, that would be helpful.

There is an issue in ASTERISK for this as well - see
https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-22450. If you'd like to
comment there with any problems you run into with the patch on Review
Board, that'd be great.

Thanks

Matt

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager

[Attachment #5 (text/html)]

2013 at 12:05 AM, Pavel Troller <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:patrol@sinus.cz" \
class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px \
0.8ex;border-left-width:1px;border-left-color:rgb(204,204,204);border-left-style:solid;padding-left:1ex">Hi!<br>
  I&#39;ve found a problem with remote console in V11 SVN, caused by the recent<br>
update(s) to the main/asterisk.c file.<br>
  The problem is, that the console doesn&#39;t print command output, however the<br>
commands are being executed (if they have something to execute). When the<br>
session is terminated and &#39;rasterisk -x &quot;command&quot;&#39; is executed, it \
works<br> normally and for some time, normal console behaviour is restored. \
However,<br> after some time, it stops printing the output again. See the \
following<br> C&amp;P from the real console:<br>
patrol@hyper * CLI &gt;<br>
patrol@hyper * CLI &gt; core show version<br>
patrol@hyper * CLI &gt; core show version<br>
patrol@hyper * CLI &gt; core show version<br>
patrol@hyper * CLI &gt; core show version<br>
patrol@hyper * CLI &gt; quit<br>
Asterisk cleanly ending (0).<br>
Executing last minute cleanups<br>
patrol@hyper:~$ rasterisk -x &quot;core show version&quot;<br>
Asterisk SVN-branch-11-r398457M built by root @ hyper on a x86_64 running Linux on \
2013-09-06 04:28:32 UTC<br> patrol@hyper:~$ rasterisk<br>
Asterisk SVN-branch-11-r398457M, Copyright (C) 1999 - 2013 Digium, Inc. and \
others.<br> Created by Mark Spencer &lt;<a \
href="mailto:markster@digium.com">markster@digium.com</a>&gt;<br> Asterisk comes with \
ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type &#39;core show warranty&#39; for details.<br> This is \
free software, with components licensed under the GNU General Public<br> License \
version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome to redistribute it under<br> certain \
conditions. Type &#39;core show license&#39; for details.<br> \
=========================================================================<br> \
Connected to Asterisk SVN-branch-11-r398457M currently running on hyper (pid = \
28254)<br> patrol@hyper * CLI &gt; core show version<br>
Asterisk SVN-branch-11-r398457M built by root @ hyper on a x86_64 running Linux on \
2013-09-06 04:28:32 UTC<br> patrol@hyper * CLI &gt; core show version<br>
Asterisk SVN-branch-11-r398457M built by root @ hyper on a x86_64 running Linux on \
2013-09-06 04:28:32 UTC<br> patrol@hyper * CLI &gt; core show version<br>
Asterisk SVN-branch-11-r398457M built by root @ hyper on a x86_64 running Linux on \
2013-09-06 04:28:32 UTC<br> patrol@hyper * CLI &gt; core show version<br>
Asterisk SVN-branch-11-r398457M built by root @ hyper on a x86_64 running Linux on \
2013-09-06 04:28:32 UTC<br> patrol@hyper * CLI &gt; core show version<br>
Asterisk SVN-branch-11-r398457M built by root @ hyper on a x86_64 running Linux on \
                2013-09-06 04:28:32 UTC<br>
... about a minute later ...<br>
patrol@hyper * CLI &gt; core show version<br>
patrol@hyper * CLI &gt; core show version<br>
patrol@hyper * CLI &gt; core show version<br>
patrol@hyper * CLI &gt; core show version<br>
  It looks that using Tab for help provokes the problem immediately:<br>
2013-09-06 04:28:32 UTC<br> patrol@hyper * CLI &gt; core show<br>
application     applications    calls           channel         channels        \
channeltype     channeltypes    codec           codecs          config          file  \
function        functions       hanguphandlers  help<br>

hint            hints           image           license         profile         \
settings        switches        sysinfo         taskprocessors  threads         \
translation     uptime          version         warranty<br>

patrol@hyper * CLI &gt; core show version<br>
patrol@hyper * CLI &gt;<br>
  Doing &#39;svn up -r396746 asterisk.c&#39; fixes the problem, so it&#39;s \
definitely<br> in one of the two patches submitted after this revision.<br>
  I&#39;m not creating an issue in JIRA, because it didn&#39;t appear in any \
release<br> yet and it may be a kind of WIP, so I&#39;m just reporting it here...<br>
aware of it and a proposed fix is currently up on Review Board - see <a \
href="https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/2825/">https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/2825/</a>. \
If you&#39;d like to download the patch and give it a try to see if it fixes all of \
the problems you&#39;ve run into, that would be helpful.</div> <div \
href="https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-22450">https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-22450</a>. \
If you&#39;d like to comment there with any problems you run into with the patch on \
target="_blank">http://digium.com</a> &amp; <a href="http://asterisk.org" \