List:       asterisk-dev
Subject:    [asterisk-dev] V11 SVN branch: Problems with console ?
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2013-09-06 5:05:33

Hi!
  I've found a problem with remote console in V11 SVN, caused by the recent
update(s) to the main/asterisk.c file.
  The problem is, that the console doesn't print command output, however the
commands are being executed (if they have something to execute). When the
session is terminated and 'rasterisk -x "command"' is executed, it works
normally and for some time, normal console behaviour is restored. However,
after some time, it stops printing the output again. See the following
C&P from the real console:

patrol@hyper * CLI >
patrol@hyper * CLI > core show version
patrol@hyper * CLI > core show version
patrol@hyper * CLI > core show version
patrol@hyper * CLI > core show version
patrol@hyper * CLI > quit
Asterisk cleanly ending (0).
Executing last minute cleanups
patrol@hyper:~$ rasterisk -x "core show version"
Asterisk SVN-branch-11-r398457M built by root @ hyper on a x86_64 running Linux on \
2013-09-06 04:28:32 UTC patrol@hyper:~$ rasterisk
Asterisk SVN-branch-11-r398457M, Copyright (C) 1999 - 2013 Digium, Inc. and others.
Created by Mark Spencer <markster@digium.com>
Asterisk comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type 'core show warranty' for details.
This is free software, with components licensed under the GNU General Public
License version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain conditions. Type 'core show license' for details.
Connected to Asterisk SVN-branch-11-r398457M currently running on hyper (pid = 28254)
2013-09-06 04:28:32 UTC patrol@hyper * CLI > core show version
Asterisk SVN-branch-11-r398457M built by root @ hyper on a x86_64 running Linux on \
2013-09-06 04:28:32 UTC patrol@hyper * CLI > core show version
Asterisk SVN-branch-11-r398457M built by root @ hyper on a x86_64 running Linux on \
2013-09-06 04:28:32 UTC patrol@hyper * CLI > core show version
Asterisk SVN-branch-11-r398457M built by root @ hyper on a x86_64 running Linux on \
2013-09-06 04:28:32 UTC patrol@hyper * CLI > core show version
Asterisk SVN-branch-11-r398457M built by root @ hyper on a x86_64 running Linux on \
                2013-09-06 04:28:32 UTC
... about a minute later ...
patrol@hyper * CLI > core show version
patrol@hyper * CLI > core show version
patrol@hyper * CLI > core show version
patrol@hyper * CLI > core show version

  It looks that using Tab for help provokes the problem immediately:

2013-09-06 04:28:32 UTC patrol@hyper * CLI > core show
application     applications    calls           channel         channels        \
channeltype     channeltypes    codec           codecs          config          file  \
function        functions       hanguphandlers  help hint            hints           \
image           license         profile         settings        switches        \
sysinfo         taskprocessors  threads         translation     uptime          \
version         warranty patrol@hyper * CLI > core show version
patrol@hyper * CLI >

  Doing 'svn up -r396746 asterisk.c' fixes the problem, so it's definitely
in one of the two patches submitted after this revision.

  I'm not creating an issue in JIRA, because it didn't appear in any release
yet and it may be a kind of WIP, so I'm just reporting it here...

With regards,
  Pavel